The rating – which is given as a percentage (%) – and reviews are feedback from guests who previously stayed at the property.
Ratings are available for all accommodation where six or more guests have provided feedback. The overall percentage reflects an average rating across the last 25 feedback forms and over seven different categories. Obviously, the higher the score, the better!
You can see the ratings on both the search result listing pages and on the property overview pages in more detail.
The categories are:
- Atmosphere: did the property have a good travel vibe?
- Location: is the property well situated for exploring the destination and the sights? And is it convenient for the airport, bus or train station?
- Staff: are the members of staff helpful and friendly?
- Cleanliness: how clean and tidy is the property?
- Facilities: are there a good range of facilities and services available at the property for guests?
- Safety: are valuables safe in the property? Is it located in a safe area of the destination?
- Value: does the property represent value for money considering its price, facilities and other things that HostelBookers' customers find important?